Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, The Milford Preschool will follow the Milford Public Schools cancellation policy. Parents are advised to listen to radio stations, STAR 99.9 or WPLR 99.1 or watch local news stations channel 3, 8, or 12 for updates.
In the event of a delayed opening there will be NO morning classes. Extended day students only, will join the afternoon class from 12:30-3:00. There will also be no lunch on these days.
In the event of the onset of severe weather conditions occurring during school hours please refer to the above news stations regarding early dismissals. If early dismissal occurs there will be NO afternoon classes or lunch bunch. Please plan for prompt pick up at 11:30 on these days so that everyone can get home safely.
The school calendar allows for three snow days. Any number over three will be made up at the end of the year.
Please do not send your child to school if he or she is exhibiting any of the following symptoms: fever, persistent cough, green mucous, chicken pox, pink eye, impetigo, cold sore or if they have vomited or had diarrhea the night before or the morning of school. In addition, your child must be fever free for 24 hours before being sent back from an illness. Please call the school and leave a message if he/she will not be attending due to an illness, especially if the child will be absent for more than a day.
We encourage parent participation, although we are not a co-op that requires it. If you would like to be involved you may do so in many different ways.
- Chaperoning a field trip is a great way to become involved. During the school year we take field trips with both classes and we need parents to accompany us. Please remember we like to give every parent that is interested an opportunity.
- Participate in our fund-raising projects – once in the fall and once in the spring.
- Contribute refreshments for class parties, PLEASE REMEMBER NO PEANUT OR NUT PRODUCTS.
- Share your occupation or special hobby with the class.
- Donate scrap materials for art activities.
- Donate supplies listed on our contribution list, which is periodically posted.
- Volunteer to read to the class.
- We have an open door policy, and you are welcome to visit the classroom at any time.
Arrival & Dismissal Guidelines
- Arrival – Please try to make your good-byes as brief as possible, reassuring your child of your return will help eliminate prolonged separation anxiety. Please visit with other parents outside of our classroom during arrival and dismissal times. This will enable us to begin and end our class on time and will help to alleviate separation anxieties for the entire classroom.
- Dismissal – At the end of class, your child will be dismissed at the hallway classroom door to a parent or designated person, only after making verbal contact with the parent or the designated person. Once verbal contact has been made between parent and child, the child is now the responsibility of the parent to insure his/her safety. If someone other that the parent will be picking up your child, please alert the staff at arrival time. Your child will not be released to someone other than those indicated on the release permission form. For your child’s safety and courtesy to others in the building, please remind them to walk in the hallways.
- Late Pick-up Policy – Please arrive on time to pickup your child. This helps alleviate anxieties felt by a child left waiting when everyone else is dismissed. If in the event of an emergency you will be late, please call the school to inform the teachers. Staff members have responsibilities and obligations after school hours. There will be a $10.00 late fee charged for the first 15 minutes after the time of class dismissal that the staff is kept waiting.
You may contribute snack for the class by signing our snack calendar located in the “Parent Information Center”. For the safety of all of our students, the preschool will only serve the food that is designated on the snack calendar. Please be advised this is a Nut Free School so please remember we do not allow any peanut or nut products. We plan to help the children prepare their own snack and provide opportunities for supervised cooking on a monthly basis. These days will be marked on the snack calendar and you can contribute the ingredients to be used rather than a prepared snack.
Children may bring in items to share. Please do not allow your child to bring in toys; they will have to share them with the class. Encourage your children to bring in something of educational value for discussion, i.e., shells, pictures, or something from nature, etc.
Tuition payments are due the first of each month. September tuition is due in June of the previous year and June tuition is due by the second week in September. Also, if payment is received after the 10th of each month, a $20.00 late fee will be applied. If your child misses any part of a given month, you are responsible for the entire
Checks should be made payable to Milford Preschool, LLC. Credit will not be given for days of sickness, personal vacations, or cancellations due to inclement weather. In the event, a check is returned for insufficient funds a $25.00 fee will be applied to your account. However, if cancellation is due to inclement weather exceeds three class sessions, they will be made up during the school year (see school calendar). Registration fees are due with the registration form.